The rule was to have gone into effect Jan. 1.
A coalition of home health care providers is seeking an injunction that would prevent the rule from taking effect at all.
The court is expected to rule on the injunction by Jan. 14.
Advice: If your organization provides home health services, consult your attorney right away to determine if the ruling affects your operations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Automatic pay deduction for lunch: Is it legal?
- Found misclassification problem? Fix it fast
- How to draw DOL scrutiny: Withhold pay, fudge time sheets
- Defying expectations: Why failing to live up to stereotypes won't make worker's suit a winner