When the pollsters at CareerBuilder.com asked 2,929 hiring managers and HR pros late last year to name the lamest excuses they had ever heard for missing work, they collected some doozies. Who knew America’s work force was so fragile—or creative?
- Wrong side of the bed: One guy said he missed work because he was crabby.
- One of those mornings: A woman said she got whiplash from brushing her hair.
- Voices from beyond: An employee said her psychic told her to stay home or something awful would happen to her.
- Priorities: Another said he wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest up for the company's holiday party that night.
- Unforeseen perils: A worker couldn’t come in because her chickens’ feet were frozen to the driveway.
- Basking in the glow: A worker claimed to have met a movie star and was spending the day with him.
- More grooming trouble: An employee was injured while getting a haircut.
- Veterinary detective: One compassionate employee’s dog was not feeling well, so he tasted the dog’s food, which made the man sick.
- Nothing to wear: An employee's roommate locked all his clothes in a shed out of spite.
- Unforeseen perils II: A groundhog bit an employee’s car tire, causing it to go flat.
- Grieving: A woman said she had been up all night because her favorite “American Idol” contestant had been voted off the show.
- Rough weekend: At her sister’s wedding, an employee chipped her tooth on a mint julep, bent over to spit it out, hit her head on a keg and was knocked unconscious with a mild concussion.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4180/the-dreadful-dozen-the-12-worst-absence-excuses-ever "