1. California this month becomes the first state requiring employers to train their workers:
a. How to make smart health insurance and financial choices
b. How to avoid bullying and abusive conduct
c.a pay raise
2. What’s the No. 1 quality employees say they look forward to getting when hiring veterans?
3. Compared with two years ago, most employers say the number of employee requests for pay raises has:
c. Stayed the same
4. Employee pay garnishments are on the rise. What’s the No. 1 reason employees have their paychecks garnished:
a. Child support
b. Student debt
c. Tax levies
5. Germany’s top labor official is calling for regulations that would bar employers from:
a. Hiring employees age 16 or younger
b. Requiring more than three hours of work on holidays
c. Sending email to employees after 6 p.m.
Sources: 1. TheHRSpecialist.com/CAbully; 2. Harris poll; 3. Accountemps survey; 4. ADP survey; 5. The HR Weekly.
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. c 4. a 5. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 36 Calif. firms ace awards for gay-friendly practices
- Investigation results don't have to be accurate—just honest
- Step up to a new high-stakes HR role: Stamping out conspiracies to discriminate
- Casual dress codes: Legal pointers, sample policy