A lot of moms work for the maker of Guinness beer and Smirnoff vodka, so Diageo North America has a lot benefits to keep them on board. Among them are big-business staples like on-site child care, flextime and paid parental leave.
The organization, headquartered in Connecticut, also offers:
• Job sharing, compressed work hours and telework
• Backup day care and adult/elder care
• A matching contribution to employees’ flexible spending accounts for dependent care
• Partial reimbursement of the cost of in-vitro fertilization and fertility treatments
• Nutritional education and smoking-cessation education during pregnancy, programs that are available to all employees
• Private rooms for nursing mothers to express milk
• Programs for employees with tweens and teens, including college prep and placement assistance
• Up to five days per year of paid time off to volunteer at a child’s school or elsewhere in the community.
Also useful for busy working mothers: conveniences like an on-site health club, concierge service and dry-cleaning drop-off and pick-up.
Contact: Alix Dunn of Diageo, (203) 229-4744.