Editors at The Muse offer these ideas for keeping busy, bettering yourself and boosting your career.
• Launch a book club for your co-workers.
• Assemble a group of like-minded colleagues. If you’re interested in networking, find other people who are too.
• Organize activities that let people move and make friends. It can be a softball team, or a run group.
• Start a blog. It will boost yourskills.
• Learn to code. It’s a universally marketable skill.
• Redecorate your workspace. Give your cubicle a makeover.
• Share your experience. Offer to be a mentor.
• Plan a charitable fundraiser. It’s a great way to support a cause.
• Study a language. Give your brain a boost in other ways.
— Adapted from “33 Ways to Boost Your Career When You’re Bored at Work,” The Muse.