According to the nonprofit Partnership for Workplace Mental Health, more than 40% of employees who work for organizations with mental health benefits don’t know anything about them. Yet they’re keenly aware when workplace stress takes its toll on their productivity and happiness.
Make sure your employees know where to turn when they suffer from depression and other negative effects of stress. Make sure they know how to contact your.
Also: Emphasize the importance of mental health. Educate employees on how to spot signs of stress and depression. Offer risk assessments to identify trouble spots they can address through your organization’s mental health resources.
- Wellness programs: Does your health-risk questionnaire violate the new genetic-bias law?
- Parenting leave: To whom must notice be given, and can we require use of vacation leave?
- N.J. employer groups make commitment to improve wellness
- Negotiate paid time off by benchmarking
- Leave contracts to the experts: Have attorney draft documents detailing benefits