By Jan. 1, 2009, you will have to file an electronic version of Form 5500, the annual report of your. The original deadline was Jan. 1, 2008, but employers complained they didn’t have enough time to comply with the new rule because the U.S. Labor Department’s Security Administration didn’t publish its final rules until November.
The revised rule not only replaces the paper-reporting system with an electronic one, but also changes the kind of information organizations must submit about fees and expenses. Get the form and instructions from www.dol.gov/ebsa/5500main.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lowe's to offer free employee health screenings
- Are you wired for field HR or corporate HR?
- Florida high court sides with employees—Employers liable for unconcealed negligence
- Texas court to rehear ruling on whether premises owner can avoid tort liability