By Jan. 1, 2009, you will have to file an electronic version of Form 5500, the annual report of your. The original deadline was Jan. 1, 2008, but employers complained they didn’t have enough time to comply with the new rule because the U.S. Labor Department’s Security Administration didn’t publish its final rules until November.
The revised rule not only replaces the paper-reporting system with an electronic one, but also changes the kind of information organizations must submit about fees and expenses. Get the form and instructions from www.dol.gov/ebsa/5500main.html.
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch
- Talking the talk: Be careful with these 5 'lightning rod' terms
- What will you do if the economy doesn't rebound this year?
- When employee requests accommodation, beware overly cautious return-to-work conditions
- Direct employee retirement inquiries to new Labor hotline