Ever feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to do what you really love? Unless you’re passionate about your job or a good night’s sleep, there aren’t.
The average American spends more than 16 hours either working or sleeping, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s American Time Use Survey.
That leaves precious little left over for everything else we need to get done—or just want to do.
We spend about 2½ hours per day on household chores and caring for loved ones. After an hour to eat, we have another 2½ hours we can devote to leisure activities.
That 1.7 hours of “Other” time in the chart? On average, we spend 51 minutes of it getting to and from work.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Your FMLA obligation ends with forms and notice
- Effective evaluations are management tools, legal protection
- Are disciplinary records clear and complete? Documentation only works if it's accurate
- What kind of financial advice does HR offer employees?