Travelers will find more innovative options to help them stay relaxed and productive at the airport. Ryan Ghee shares the latest airport innovations for passengers.
• ThinkPods and WorkBoxes. These minioffices let passengers use their phone and send emails as if they were in their home office.
• Leisure areas. Many airports provide relaxation areas, including nap centers, sleeping pods, yoga classes. Singapore Changi Airport has a butterfly garden, a movie theater and a rooftop swimming pool.
• Charging stations for devices. Passengers can stay connected an all of their devices.
• Lounges with interesting elements. You’ll see gardens, artwork, golf simulators and billiards tables.
• Instant updates. Airports are employing communication strategies such as apps and tweet updates.
— Adapted from “How airports and airlines are innovating to help passengers relax and stay productive in the terminal,” Ryan Ghee, Future Travel Experience.