Q. If we start an investigation about sexual harassment, is there anything we need to worry about while conducting the investigation?
A. Merely commencing an investigation does not provide absolute protection to the employer. First, the investigation must be prompt and thorough. Second, the nature and seriousness of the allegations may require interim steps to ensure there is not a hostile environment while the investigation is taking place. Third, the investigation must be done in good faith. While it need not be perfect, it cannot reach a predetermined conclusion or otherwise be conducted in bad faith.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4143/concerns-during-a-harassment-investigation "
- Before altering disabled employee's job, make sure you can justify the reason
- Use greater experience, extra skills to justify why you pay some employees more than others
- Solid policy, prompt responses to bias complaints can prevent lawsuits
- Montel Meets the ADA: CBS' Defense Not Ready For Prime Time
- How to develop an employee handbook that avoids liability