Use of paid time off (PTO) leave banks has increased almost 50% in the last dozen years. PTO banks give employees a set number of days off they can use for any purpose—sick leave, vacation or personal time off. Traditional leave plans have dipped in popularity.
Source: World@Work survey, October 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Benefits seen as essential, especially health coverage
- Contractor paying back wages to Sandy cleanup employees
- Backup care aids attendance when regular care falls through
- Make clear in handbook whether or not vacation pay survives termination