With the holidays upon us, it’s time to tie up loose ends and get ready for the new year.
- Close your door. You’ll never have a moment to make decisions with employees plopping on your couch. Set up a daily visiting hour. You’ll be surprised at how much more you get done, and your people will solve problems on their own.
- Avoid time sucks. Automate tasks like sending invoices (IFTTT), organizing email (Unroll.me), finding lost email (FollowUp.cc) and feeding social media (Zapier).
- Reduce mental friction. Schedule activities weekly or monthly. A monthly call with clients to take questions saves you time and feels like extra TLC.
- Simplify scheduling. Use a calendar program like ScheduleOnce or Outlook to avoid backing-and-forthing in email.
- Guard your sleep. Enforce a nightly digital blackout. Keep devices and chargers out of the bedroom.
— Adapted from “Five Ways to Get Organized,” Verne Harnish, Fortune.