If you’ve heard of Outlook rules, but you think they are too hard, try this. Let’s say you have an email message with a particular subject that always means it will be foldered without being read. Right-click on it and choose Rules from the right-click menu. Then, click Create Rule. Click the Subject contains checkbox and make any adjustments to the field so that it will be effective on all like messages. At the bottom, check Move the item to folder checkbox and specify the folder.
Click OK and you’re done! You’ve created a rule.
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- Bring e-mail traffic to a crawl
- Do Importance flags and Read Receipts really work?
- Need rich text, attachments on an email you are sending over and over?
- Is there a better way to make comments in reply email text other than just different font color?