Milwaukee-based agricultural firm Cargill laid off 600 employees on Aug. 1. On Aug. 14, it held a companywide job fair to help them find new jobs.
The layoffs resulted from the closing of a Milwaukee harvest plant, which executives blamed on the region’s tight cattle supply.
The maker of Truvia sweetener and Shady Brook Farms turkey organized the job fair with help from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
More than 40 area employers and representatives from 23 of Cargill’s locations throughout the region, showed up to recruit.
Contact: Mike Martin of Cargill, (316) 291-2126.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- New Ohio minimum wage trumps upcoming fed increase
- How should we handle tip calculations that factor out credit card fees?
- Double-check for signs of retaliation whenever workers complain of discrimination
- Bypass Healthcare.gov: Small employers can buy health insurance through brokers