1. How many members of the current U.S. Congress have a background in human resources?
2. Large employers must annually file their EEO-1 survey (classifying employees by race and gender) with the EEOC by:
a. Jan. 1
b. April 1
c. Sept. 30
3. In what age group do employees most often take?
a. 18–33 years old
b. 34-49 years old
c. 50-82 years old
4. What percentage of employees say they’ve never asked for a pay raise?
5. Before organizations are considered for federal contracts, they must now reveal whether or not they ____________.
a. Have at least 8% of employees considered “disabled”
b. Have been charged with violating safety or discrimination laws
c. Pay employees at least 150% of the federal minimum wage
Sources: 1. Society for Human Resource; 2. EEOC; 3. DOL report; 4. CareerBuilder.com survey; 5. TheHRSpecialist.com.
Answers: 1. a (Sen. Mike Enzi) 2. c 3. c 4. c 5. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Why you need a workplace gambling policy
- Enough is enough: How many interviews are too many?
- Is this asking for trouble? Our sick policy requires a doctor's note containing a diagnosis
- Be ready to intervene if supervisor who shows bias needs an attitude adjustment