The rank-and-file aren’t eyeing the C-suite, according to a recent CareerBuilder.com poll.
About one-third (34%) of workers aspire topositions, with only 7% aiming for senior or C-level . By an 11 percentage point margin, men (40%) are more likely than women (29%) to desire a leadership role. A majority of workers (52%) say they are simply satisfied in their current roles, and a third (34%) don’t want to sacrifice work/life balance. Seventeen percent say they do not have the necessary education.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Merely reporting an injury doesn't trigger FMLA notice
- Lessons learned: Viable solutions
- Bias against applicants who never apply? Ruling in case involving criminal background checks
- Consent required to run background checks on internal applicants?