In the past two years, a growing number of states have passed some sort of law relating to social media and employee privacy, including laws banning employers from requesting access to employees’ social media accounts. The Seyfarth Shaw law firm has created a free report, the Social Media Privacy Legislation Desktop Reference, that explains each current state law.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Your rules can protect against retaliation—make sure managers follow them
- You don't have to put up with insubordination
- Make sure promotion panels don't know anything about candidates' prior complaints
- Unionized or not, beware of 'unfair labor practices'