If you’re envious of workers who put in their eight hours a day and then go home, you’re not alone. Americans work an average of 47 hours per week, according to Gallup’s annual Work and Education Survey.
Less than half of employees work a “normal” 40-hour workweek, and 39% work 50 or more hours per week.
A full 50% of salaried employees said they work at least 50 hours a week, compared to 26% of hourly employees.
Part-time employees work an average of 25.9 hours per week.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Harassment complaint earns retaliation protection if complaint was made in good faith
- What does California's new law mean for our dress and grooming policy?
- To boost productivity, teach money management
- Kids will be kids: Inappropriate workplace behavior and teenage workers