1. What are the size requirements for federal workplace posters?
a. At least 8½” by 11” for all posters
b. OSHA poster must be 8½” by 14”; others must be “easily readable”
c. All wage-related posters must be at least 8½” by 11”; others must be “readable”
2. The EEOC issued updated guidelines over the summer that expand legal job protections for:
a. Pregnant employees
b. Disabled employees
c. Teen employees
3. Employers say the most common lies they catch on résumés relate to:
a. Academic degrees
b. Dates of employment
c. Embellished skill set
4. Nearly half (49%) of Americans say they’ve experienced a “major stressful event” in the past 12 months. What are the top two stressors, in order?
a. Problems at work, illness/disease
b. Relationship problems, problems at work
c. Illness/disease, death of a loved one.
5. COBRA requires employers to offer continuing group health benefits to employees. The federal law applies to employers with:
a. 15 or more employees
b. 20 or more employees
c. 50 or more employees
6. What percentage of U.S. employees say they need to earn $100,000 or more to “feel successful”?
Sources: 1. Department of Labor; 2. EEOC; 3. CareerBuilder.com survey; 4. Harvard School of Public Health; 5. Department of Labor; 6. CareerBuilder.com survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. b 6. a