Q. Can we change an employee’s status from full time to part time if he takesand his hours fall below what we consider full-time work?
A. Presumably, you want to change the employee’s status from full time to part time because part-timers aren’t entitled to the same level ofas full-timers. That would be unlawful. You may not change an employee’s status—or terms and conditions of employment—solely based upon the employee’s use of .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Backup care aids attendance when regular care falls through
- You fired worker on FMLA leave? Better have a good reason
- What is the employee's responsibility to notify us she needs FMLA leave?
- Your best defense against failure-to-hire suits: Sound hiring process, complete documentation