Q. Can we change an employee’s status from full time to part time if he takesand his hours fall below what we consider full-time work?
A. Presumably, you want to change the employee’s status from full time to part time because part-timers aren’t entitled to the same level ofas full-timers. That would be unlawful. You may not change an employee’s status—or terms and conditions of employment—solely based upon the employee’s use of .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How often can we request medical information from a chronically absent employee?
- Challenging more unemployment claims? You're not alone
- Playing doctor: What's a 'serious' condition under FMLA?
- Despite ERISA workers' comp plan, employee can still sue for negligence