Q. Can we change an employee’s status from full time to part time if he takesand his hours fall below what we consider full-time work?
A. Presumably, you want to change the employee’s status from full time to part time because part-timers aren’t entitled to the same level ofas full-timers. That would be unlawful. You may not change an employee’s status—or terms and conditions of employment—solely based upon the employee’s use of .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Department of Labor to study FMLA usage; may signal more upcoming regulatory changes
- Avoid arbitrary policy on reinstating job titles
- USAA's wellness message resonates with employees
- Review policies so voluntary benefits don't become mandates