Q. Can we change an employee’s status from full time to part time if he takesand his hours fall below what we consider full-time work?
A. Presumably, you want to change the employee’s status from full time to part time because part-timers aren’t entitled to the same level ofas full-timers. That would be unlawful. You may not change an employee’s status—or terms and conditions of employment—solely based upon the employee’s use of .
- New definition of 'dependent' sparks benefit-law confusion
- Go figure: Ohio Supreme Court says making money illegally bars workers' comp
- Recruiting & Retaining: 6 Real-Life Examples of Successful Programs
- Congress' employment law agenda: 7 key bills to watch closely
- Worker denied unemployment can't keep filing claims