Q. Can we change an employee’s status from full time to part time if he takesand his hours fall below what we consider full-time work?
A. Presumably, you want to change the employee’s status from full time to part time because part-timers aren’t entitled to the same level ofas full-timers. That would be unlawful. You may not change an employee’s status—or terms and conditions of employment—solely based upon the employee’s use of .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Spell out your company's total compensation commitment
- Suspect FMLA mischief? Use certification before taking drastic action
- Attendance policies: Control absenteeism without breaking the law
- 10 warning signs of low morale ... and 8 ways to boost it