Those new moms and dads in your workplace don’t look frazzled just because of 3:00 in the morning bottle and diaper duties. They’re probably at their wits’ end worrying about how they can afford their new bundles of joy.
According to ChildCare Aware of America, a child care advocacy organization, day care takes up a larger share of the family budget than housing in every region except the West.
Here’s what it costs per year to buy day care for an infant in the 10 most expensive states.
Even in Mississippi, the least expensive state, infant day care costs $4,863 per year.
Child care isn’t just a costly issue for parents. ChildCare Aware reports that employeeas the result of child care breakdowns costs U.S. businesses $3 billion every year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- University offers energy audits to help employees conserve, save
- Supreme Court turns down Walmart class-action case
- Judge reverses decision after Labor Dept. issues opinion letter
- The big UAW/automaker contract: What it means for the rest of us