Democrats in the House and Senate have introduced the Schedules that Work Act (H.R. 5159, S. 2642), which would givethe right to request flexible work schedules without fear of retaliation. With Congress out on its summer recess and fewer than 20 days of legislating scheduled between now and the November elections, it’s safe to say this bill isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
- It's not hogwash: Prepare now for the coming swine flu pandemic
- Know the limits of employee free speech—no need to tolerate out-of-line protests
- Be prepared to show you used due diligence to prevent on-the-job subcontractor injuries
- Beware liability if no-hire decision was based on politics
- Court: If interns perform work, pay them!