When Brennan Gleason graduated with a graphic design degree from a Canadian college, he really wanted his résumé to stand out. Solution: He created a four-pack of home-brewed beer to send to companies. His work and job history were printed on the side of his “Résum-Ale,” including these words: “Visually pleasing, smooth and elegant with a bit of a wild side... and I’m not just talking about the beer.”
He only had to send three four-packs before landing a design job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware ADA retaliation trap if employee asks for more time off after FMLA leave expires
- Former worker never should have been hired? You're not off the hook for discrimination
- The dreadful dozen: The 12 worst absence excuses ever
- How important are post-interview thank-you notes?