Atlanta area employees of Wausau Insurance have developed an “Adopt-a-Soldier” program to support U.S. soldiers in Iraq. Wausau underwriter Chris Yates conceived the idea after attending the funeral of a friend killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq in the fall of 2006.
Yates divided the Alpharetta office into 12 teams, each responsible for sending a care package during one month of the year. The packages all go to one soldier and his platoon. The soldiers communicate with Wausau employees through letters and photo e-mails, which are displayed on an office bulletin board.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Hiring managers must review all applicants' qualifications
- Failure to interview for promotion can be retaliation
- OMG, TWD is nothing to LOL about; Set a policy to stop 'Texting while driving'
- Prevent new type of lawsuit: Credit-Check discrimination