Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- Access an employee's medical records
- When employee requests religious accommodation, be sure to consider all possible options
- Big Supreme Court ruling gives employees the green light to sue over 401(k) losses
- Stick to facts with mental fitness tests
- Tell managers and supervisors: Absolutely no comments on pregnancy, parenthood allowed