Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Counter bias claims: Show how your rational promotion process selects best candidates
- During lawsuit proceedings, Don't inquire about employees' immigration status
- Protect against retaliation suits by conducting independent and 'blind' internal investigations
- Make sure fitness tests don't unfairly target women