Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Ex-employees: Gone but not forgotten Courts' broader definition of 'employee' expands your liability
- 'Get real' with job reviews; don't fluff them up
- Show fairness by documenting all rule violations, discipline
- When hiring, prepare for frivolous lawsuits