Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Violent reaction from boss may trigger retaliation lawsuit
- Employee is own lawyer? Don't ignore the suit
- Words matter at work: Is 'fitting in' code for bias?
- Changes in benefits? Make sure employees on military leave get written notice, too