Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4050/granholm-bars-bias-against-transgenders "
- Track the training you offer, who qualified--and which employees took advantage of it
- Take extra anti-harassment steps with young staff
- McDonald's not lovin' it after teen harassment settlement
- When worried about religious accommodation, keep lines of communication open
- Employee complains and then quits? Investigate anyway, to prove what happened