Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- 'Mixed-motive' retaliation case: Who pays attorneys' fees?
- Documentation key to showing prompt, fair investigation
- How to win sexual harassment lawsuits: Institute robust anti-harassment training policy
- Rutgers settles race bias case with maintenance workers
- Steer Clear of 'Take It or Leave It' Early-Retirement Offers