Gov. Jennifer Granholm has issued an order barring discrimination against state workers based on gender identity or expression. The order is designed to protect people who behave, dress or identify as members of the opposite sex.
Twenty states have banned employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, and 13 have banned discrimination based on gender identity.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The easiest way to win discrimination cases: Prove you treat everyone equally
- EEOC: Texas awards grew in 2009, even as complaints fell
- Donna's former accountant, would-be city manager sues
- Good news: Liberal definition of retaliation applies only in certain retaliation cases