1. What do employees say are the top two causes (in order) of their wasted time during the workday?
a. Cellphone/texting and gossip
b. Nonwork Internet use and social media
c. Gossip and smoke breaks
2. Last month marked the 50th anniversary of what important employment law?
a. Age Discrimination in Employment Act
c. Civil Rights Act
3. The Obama Administration has placed several new mandates on federal contractors. Which is NOT a new mandate in 2014?
a. New $10.10 per hour minimum wage
b. Ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation
c. Pay 100% of coverage for employee health insurance
4. A new USC study says that brain processing speed increases from 5% to 20% when people:
a. Exercise before work
b. Are standing instead of sitting
c. Eat a healthy lunch
5. What percentage of the U.S. employee workforce (not including self-employed) consider home their primary place of work?
6. Which gender is more likely to report that they are experiencing a “high level” of stress at work?
c. Both equally
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder survey; 2. EEOC; 3. TheHRSpecialist.com; 4. University of Southern California study; 5. Global Workplace Analytics study; 6. Aon Consulting survey.
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What's this I hear about tougher enforcement of contractor relationships?
- Tread carefully when approving job-sharing arrangements
- Starbucks customers to see a latte more ink
- HR: Carefully review firing plans; courts will frown on 'rubber stamp'