The hotel and casino chain developed its “Healthy Eating, Healthy You” mobile application to promote healthy living among its employees. The firm also allows non-employees to download the app free—and more than 80,000 have.
Among MGM’s other employee wellness efforts are an annual mammogram awareness campaign and a tobacco cessation program.
Employees also have free access to health and wellness coaches and on-site exercise classes, as well as free healthy lunches.
HR VP Jeff Ellis notes, “The best way to ensure we have a successful company and a healthier community is to provide employees with the tools and resources they need to protect their health.”
Contact: Sonya Padgett of MGM Resorts International, (702) 891-1837.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No need to pay prisoners minimum wage—Court says it's not 'Slave labor'
- As military-leave season nears, plan now for reservists' absence
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real Comp & Benefits Solutions, July '09
- Batali's employees rake in millions in belated tip income