Just as it encourages employees to have their medical checkups, the city of Winter Park, Fla., pushes its staff to complete an annual financial well-being checkup.
Winter Park offers municipal employees a series of financial fitness seminars every May. InCharge Debt Solutions, an Orlando-based financial counseling company, presents the seminars, which are conducted during the regular workday.
Sessions cover financial planning, money, debt consolidation and estate planning.
Plus, employees are invited to meet one-on-one with financial counselors. They also have confidential access to credit counselors and advisors who can help them prevent or deal with home foreclosures, mortgage scams and first-time home buying.
Financially strapped military-connected families can get help through an in-person and online counseling service.
Contact: Chris Henningse of InCharge Debt Solutions, (407) 532-5659.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Independent contractor or employee? Your control over duties, schedule is the key
- Does your organization use volunteers or interns? Know the employment law implications
- In ACA's second year, large employers respond
- 10 minutes well-spent: Audit your employee bulletin board