While federal immigration reform remains in limbo, several Michigan lawmakers have proposed a package of bills that would crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants.
The laws would make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal worker and fine violators up to $250,000, with jail sentences for repeat offenders. Michigan workers also would be able to sue companies that replaced them with undocumented workers.
- Start new accommodations process if disability worsens
- When using temps, make sure temp agency retains control of employment relationship
- Tales from the front lines ...
- What should we do about a disgruntled worker who disparages us on the web?
- Don't punish employees for their off-site political activity