While federal immigration reform remains in limbo, several Michigan lawmakers have proposed a package of bills that would crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants.
The laws would make it a felony to knowingly hire an illegal worker and fine violators up to $250,000, with jail sentences for repeat offenders. Michigan workers also would be able to sue companies that replaced them with undocumented workers.
- What do we need to do before implementing a drug and alcohol testing program?
- Majority of union members now work for governments
- You may be liable for subcontractor worker injuries
- Make sure all medical tests you require are truly job-related and necessary
- CVS fined for child labor, overtime and timecard violations