Stay-at-home mothers are increasingly rare, and highly educated, relatively well-off mothers who stay at home are the rarest of the rare. Only 4% of stay-at-home moms have at least a master’s degree, a working husband and an annual family income of at least $75,000.
71% work outside the home
29% stay at home
Source: Pew Research Center poll, May 2014
- Your best defense against failure-to-hire suits: Sound hiring process, complete documentation
- NLRB settlement suggests employee Facebook posts are protected
- What danger lurks in your (possibly outdated) handbook?
- How to Create Ergonomic Office Workstations
- DOL teams up with private lawyers to encourage FMLA, FLSA lawsuits