Stay-at-home mothers are increasingly rare, and highly educated, relatively well-off mothers who stay at home are the rarest of the rare. Only 4% of stay-at-home moms have at least a master’s degree, a working husband and an annual family income of at least $75,000.
71% work outside the home
29% stay at home
Source: Pew Research Center poll, May 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When manager recommends firing subordinate, investigate to make sure bias isn't a factor
- Last-chance agreement can salvage employee
- Changing an employee's duties may require changing his FLSA classification
- Hold It! Must You Allow Unlimited Bathroom Breaks?