If you lose your iPad, the person who finds it probably won’t be able to access your contact information to return it to you if you use a passcode. To keep the device locked but returnable, Lory Gil suggests a way to add contact information to the lock screen.
- Find an app that adds text to an image. Gil suggests Korawai Stamp.
- Add your contact info to an image.
- Find an app to properly resize images to wallpaper. Gil suggests Wallpaper Fix.
- Upload the image to the resizing app for proper sizing, then save it to your camera roll.
- Choose this image as your lock screen under “Settings,” then “Wallpaper & Brightness.”
— Adapted from “PadGadget’s iPad Tips: Adding Contact Information to Lock Screen,” Lory Gil, PadGadget.