You won’t know how great 8 is until you can do what you used to do. With the latest update, Windows boots to the desktop.
When you click the Windows button in the lower left, you’ll land on the Start screen. (Don’t panic!) All you have to do is type. Just start typing the name of the program you want. Look on the right in the Search pane to see it. On a touchscreen device (no keyboard), tap the search button next to your profile name on the Start screen. Then, type using the onscreen keyboard.
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- Too many people making changes to a doc? Tips to gain control
- Do you find that you frequently search the same way for your computer files?
- Are you one of the 91% of Americans who don't use all of your software at work?
- SharePoint: Getting the team to love it