Administrative professionals play a vital role in the success of the organizations they work for. Fortunately, there are many online resources that admins can take advantage of to help them strengthen their professional skills and become more productive at work.
Last year, Business Management Daily published an article on the top 10 favorite go-to online resources recommended by administrative professionals on LinkedIn. Our editors chose five more websites for admins to add to the list this year.
Here are Business Management Daily’s editors’ five additions to the most helpful online resources for administrative assistants (in no particular order):
- BonnieLowKramen.com: Bonnie Low-Kramen coaches administrative assistants and educates and trains both assistants and managers to strengthen their communication with each other and improve the overall workplace. Her website offers a variety of helpful tools for admins, including her blog and training videos.
- MeetingsConcierge.com: The Meetings Concierge’s Owner & Chief Connecting Officer Nancy Nachman provides expert advice for admins on meeting planning and venue scheduling. The website’s blog provides helpful tips that not only guide potential customers, but also help admins who are required to plan meetings for their organizations. Nachman also frequently provides expert advice in the discussion section of our Administrative Professional Today LinkedIn group.
- PracticallyPerfectPA.com: Started by Nicky Christmas, a former executive assistant for large organizations in London, this online resource provides articles that offer support, important information and guidance for assistants of all levels.
- TheBrainyGal.com: Lisa McDonell, the owner of The Brainy Gal – Virtual Assistant Life, trains other women to launch and grow their own virtual assistant practices by showing them how to turn their ideas into profitable businesses. McDonell’s website provides several helpful tools, including her blog and product recommendations, for VAs who want to make their companies more successful.
- TheEffectiveAdmin.com: The Effective Admin, founded by job performance and career success coach Karen Porter, offers articles, an admin input forum and a free ezine.
“Admins can really benefit from these resources that are packed with information to help them improve their professional skills and grow their careers,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “By investing time into reading the training information on these websites, admins are able to use the skills they acquire to make their organizations more successful and profitable.”
- Business Management Daily rereleases its free keyboard shortcut tip card
- Business alert: How to avoid the risks involved with hiring independent contractors
- Business Management Daily wins award for best blog at the 38th annual SIPA conference
- Office Communication Toolkit: 7 common employee gripes (and how to silence them)
- Free keyboard shortcuts will help professionals boost productivity and optimize time