An investigation by federal, state and Chicago authorities uncovered no fewer than 23 illegal immigrants working in security-sensitive areas at O’Hare International Airport.
Ideal Staffing Solutions Inc., of Bensenville, employed the workers. Contracted out to several air carriers, they used fake security badges to work in critical areas, including the tarmac.
The employees were arrested on criminal charges and face deportation. Also arrested were Mary Gurin, Ideal Staffing’s corporate secretary and office manager, and employee Norinye Benitez. The charges include alleged misuse of Social Security numbers and hiring illegal immigrants for gain.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Hiring drivers? Collect more background information
- What adding more college graduates buys for employers
- Beware anti-Labor comments if taking over unionized operation
- Don't use weight as an excuse not to hire, no matter the cost