Want a quick read on a potentially great hire? Follow the lead of Omer Shai, chief marketing officer at the Israel-based Web development firm Wix.com.
“My first question is always, ‘What do you want to ask me?’” Shai told BusinessInsider.com. “I want to see how curious the candidate is, whether they’ve done their research and how quickly can they think on their toes when thrown off the expected formal interview route.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Worried candidate is too volatile to promote? Reason enough to give the job to someone else
- Received just one application for the job? You're not required to hire that person
- Immigrant glass in New Jersey: Is it half empty or half full?
- Use 'Soft' criteria for staffing decisions? Be prepared to back up rationale