Want to weigh in on the proposed regulations that would extendprotections to same-sex spouses regardless of where they live? The Department of Labor is now accepting public comments.
The rule would allow all legally married couples to have consistent rights regardless of gender, even if the state where they live does not recognize their marriages.
The DOL encourages employers and other interested parties to submit comments at www.regulations.gov. The regulation identification number is 1235-AA09.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No FMLA? That doesn't mean you're free to fire and replace new mother
- Cutting jobs? You may be able to consider FMLA leave
- FMLA: When You Can Refuse to Reinstate a Worker
- Here's a no-brainer: No charts predicting when female workers will get pregnant