Want to weigh in on the proposed regulations that would extendprotections to same-sex spouses regardless of where they live? The Department of Labor is now accepting public comments.
The rule would allow all legally married couples to have consistent rights regardless of gender, even if the state where they live does not recognize their marriages.
The DOL encourages employers and other interested parties to submit comments at www.regulations.gov. The regulation identification number is 1235-AA09.
- How to comply with DOT's new workplace drug-testing regulations
- Taming the paper tiger: What to keep—and for how long
- You can offer, but not force, light duty as an option for FMLA leave
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act doesn't cover child care woes
- Employees and former employees have up to 3 years to file suit under FMLA