The White House announced June 16 that President Obama will soon issue an executive order that bans federal contractors from discriminating in hiring, firing, compensation or work conditions based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This won’t affect almost half of federal contractors because 21 states already prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination at all workplaces.
Legislation to ban gay discrimination on a national level—the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA)—passed the Senate last year but stalled in the House.
- Equitable discipline policy staves off surprise lawsuits
- Ordinary argument about job duties doesn't add up to hostile environment
- Man loses sexual harassment suit against DHS
- Courts to employees who bring meritless suits: Pay up!
- Promote harmony, prevent hostile environment by adding civility policy to your handbook