The White House announced June 16 that President Obama will soon issue an executive order that bans federal contractors from discriminating in hiring, firing, compensation or work conditions based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This won’t affect almost half of federal contractors because 21 states already prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination at all workplaces.
Legislation to ban gay discrimination on a national level—the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA)—passed the Senate last year but stalled in the House.
- Settling PHRC cases early makes financial sense
- Allstate hands over $4.5 million to settle age bias claims
- Don't make juries use their imaginations! Tell decision-makers to keep interview notes
- High court opens door to 'third party' retaliation
- When talk turns to sex, watch out for harassment claims from unexpected victims