The White House announced June 16 that President Obama will soon issue an executive order that bans federal contractors from discriminating in hiring, firing, compensation or work conditions based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This won’t affect almost half of federal contractors because 21 states already prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination at all workplaces.
Legislation to ban gay discrimination on a national level—the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA)—passed the Senate last year but stalled in the House.
- Recognize The Legal Dangers Of Considering Military Service In Employment Decisions
- Ledbetter law doesn't apply to state pay claims
- Can we do anything about an employee who files false harassment claims?
- Limit hostile environment liability by getting to the bottom of every harassment complaint
- ADA Amendments Act means changes for employees, employers