The White House announced June 16 that President Obama will soon issue an executive order that bans federal contractors from discriminating in hiring, firing, compensation or work conditions based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This won’t affect almost half of federal contractors because 21 states already prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination at all workplaces.
Legislation to ban gay discrimination on a national level—the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA)—passed the Senate last year but stalled in the House.
- Progressive discipline: How to apply a fair, firm policy
- Adopt an anti-harassment policy and plan—before workplace malice gets out of hand
- 3M to settle age bias suit rooted in quality control plan
- Firing a long-time employee? Good documentation beats age bias claim
- TCC headed for court after prof alleges anti-gay bias