The White House announced June 16 that President Obama will soon issue an executive order that bans federal contractors from discriminating in hiring, firing, compensation or work conditions based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. This won’t affect almost half of federal contractors because 21 states already prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination at all workplaces.
Legislation to ban gay discrimination on a national level—the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA)—passed the Senate last year but stalled in the House.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Evaluating employee performance without creating legal liability
- Capacity, not actual pregnancy, is heart of PDA
- Punishing worker for loud complaint: Retaliation or legit insubordination penalty?
- Court: One less way to claim promotion bias