Q. Am I required by law to give my employees copies of documents contained in their personnel files?
A. There is no Ohio law that requires employers to give employees copies of disciplinary records contained within their personnel files. However, by statute, Ohio employers must provide employees with copies of medical reports that pertain to them. Employers may require employees to pay the cost of furnishing those copies, but no more than 25 cents per page.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Good faith--not perfection--is standard for deciding if wrongdoing calls for discipline
- The wisdom of showing written performance reviews to employees
- Evaluating employee performance without creating legal liability
- What to do with the 'Informal' personnel files our managers keep