Does job-hopping (working for various employers for a short period of time) carry the same stigma in today’s job market? Not necessarily, according to a new study from CareerBuilder. More than half (55%) of employers surveyed said they have hired a job-hopper and nearly one-third (32%) of all employers said they have come to expect workers to job-hop.
Information technology, an industry with a notable talent shortage and highly competitive recruitment tactics, has the largest percentage of employers who expect workers to job-hop.
The industries where job-hopping is most expected:
Information technology 42%
Source: CareerBuilder survey, May 2014
- Include fair geographical and time limits in noncompete pacts
- GPDSC: Budget has already been cut to the bone
- Should you try to win over job candidate's parents, too?
- Balance need for racial diversity against threat of reverse discrimination lawsuit
- Don't rewrite job description in middle of hiring process