Does job-hopping (working for various employers for a short period of time) carry the same stigma in today’s job market? Not necessarily, according to a new study from CareerBuilder. More than half (55%) of employers surveyed said they have hired a job-hopper and nearly one-third (32%) of all employers said they have come to expect workers to job-hop.
Information technology, an industry with a notable talent shortage and highly competitive recruitment tactics, has the largest percentage of employers who expect workers to job-hop.
The industries where job-hopping is most expected:
Information technology 42%
Source: CareerBuilder survey, May 2014
- May we ask applicants about their religion?
- 'Same-actor' defense won't always work; establish unbiased reasons for firings
- Dayton gets unlikely help from union when courts try to force settlement
- Job interviews: How to pose risky questions the legal way
- Progressive discipline: How to apply a fair, firm policy