Does job-hopping (working for various employers for a short period of time) carry the same stigma in today’s job market? Not necessarily, according to a new study from CareerBuilder. More than half (55%) of employers surveyed said they have hired a job-hopper and nearly one-third (32%) of all employers said they have come to expect workers to job-hop.
Information technology, an industry with a notable talent shortage and highly competitive recruitment tactics, has the largest percentage of employers who expect workers to job-hop.
The industries where job-hopping is most expected:
Information technology 42%
Source: CareerBuilder survey, May 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Investigating Harassment: How to Determine Credibility
- Workplace violence: Hope for the best but plan for the worst
- Sharpen your recruiting with new matchmaker sites
- New employee obviously not working out? Let hiring manager be the one who terminates