Does job-hopping (working for various employers for a short period of time) carry the same stigma in today’s job market? Not necessarily, according to a new study from CareerBuilder. More than half (55%) of employers surveyed said they have hired a job-hopper and nearly one-third (32%) of all employers said they have come to expect workers to job-hop.
Information technology, an industry with a notable talent shortage and highly competitive recruitment tactics, has the largest percentage of employers who expect workers to job-hop.
The industries where job-hopping is most expected:
Information technology 42%
Source: CareerBuilder survey, May 2014
- To google or not: Legitimate screening method or privacy breach?
- Interviewing applicants: Legal issues, FAQs
- Have the supervisor or manager who did the hiring be the one to handle the firing
- Even 'indirect' victims of bias can sue
- Lawsuit-proof hiring tactic: Develop a policy to post all jobs--and follow it