An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Heaven-sent policy advice for supervisors: No proselytizing or urging workers to convert
- Note accommodation offers, employee's response
- NLRB and social media: Be careful what your policy prohibits
- If employee's PTO is gone, can we dock his pay?