An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- Understand CFRA leave limits: Employees' reinstatement rights last just 12 weeks
- When deciding reasonable accommodations, assess disability on individual basis
- Retaliation threat doesn't erase time limit for filing lawsuit
- Personality clash? Don't automatically transfer complainer
- Documenting 'In Case of Litigation' Isn't Proof of Job Bias