An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tell supervisors: You can't just make up your own performance appraisal standards
- 'Private' email? Remind your employee that there's no such thing!
- Miami ADA case could lead to Supreme Court hearing
- Internal wage-and-hour complaints don't count as 'testimony' in FLSA retaliation cases