An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- Employees must apply before suing for failure to promote
- Hire workers through temp agencies? Be alert for religious accommodation issues
- Beware alternative to Title VII: There's another way to file for race discrimination
- Harassed for going to Iraq: Margate officer wins lawsuit
- Rely on individual disability accommodations; you won't be targeted for a class action