An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Automotive service advisors not exempt from federal wage-and-hour law
- Does the FCRA cover private eyes looking into workers' comp fraud?
- Prepare for possible changes in employment eligibility verification
- Small amount on the table? Know when to fold 'em