An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- Firm skids on ICE, eventually collides with EEOC
- Track discrimination claims to head off post-Firing suits
- Make sure all medical tests you require are truly job-related and necessary
- False move can revive expired claim—As retaliation
- How to create a valid severance agreement: Sweeten the pot above and beyond the usual