An all-time high 8,126 Fair Labor Standards Act cases were filed between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014—a 5% increase over last year, and a 426% increase over 20 years.
Source: Seyfarth Shaw analysis of Federal Judicial Center data, May 2014
- The elements of a valid noncompete agreement
- One less tune for whistle-blowers to play: Sarbanes-Oxley Act trumps Colorado common law
- Be prepared to root out hidden harassment: EEOC files a whopper against Burger King
- State government employees seek right to join unions
- Don't get stung by Obamacare's play-or-pay provisions