Your organization can help reduce employee stress this holiday season by adding a few low-cost timesavers to your holiday bonus package.
Small acts of holiday kindness on the part of the boss can pay off in a big way for the organization all year. Here are 10 ways to help holiday-harried employees stay productive at work:
- Help workers with their holiday mailings. Let them drop off their personal holiday packages at the company mailroom during December. (They pay for postage, of course.)
- Let employees use your business address when they order from web sites this month. That way, employees won’t have to rush home to sign for a package or stand in line at the post office.
- Set aside an hour a week during December for employees to shop online at their desks.
- Institute flextime just for December. Let workers come in and clock out two hours early so they can shop before going home in the afternoon.
- Offer a half-day off—with pay—to go shopping. Make it clear that each employee has to arrange for the time off in advance with his or her supervisor.
- Hand out holiday or year-end bonuses early so employees have cash in-hand to pay for holiday expenses.
- Hire a massage therapist to visit the office and give mini-massages.
- Give employees a paid day off in December to work for a charity.
- Remind employees about your , a potentially invaluable resource for people who suffer from the holiday blues.
- Hand out holiday “free-time” coupons. A Denver company each year gives employees a book of coupons to help with work/life balance. Among the eight coupons: a “get out of work well” day and a three-hour paid lunch.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3985/making-spirits-bright-10-holiday-perks-to-ease-employee-stress "