Building respect for diversity on your team is both the right thing to do and essential for optimum performance. Are you sending your team the right message on diversity? For each of the items below, rate yourself from 1 to 5, with 1 being "almost always true" and 5 being "almost always false":
1. I don't like talking about "diversity" because I think it's unfair that some people get special treatment and better opportunities just because of who they are.
2. I don't think "diversity" applies on my team because there aren't many "minorities" in my workplace—even though we're not doing anything to keep them away.
3. I think the different backgrounds of the people on my team have an impact on how well they're going to do in my workplace.
4. When dealing with members of a minority group, I try to anticipate ways in which that group will act or react differently to my decisions.
5. No matter how sensitive we are to diversity, I ...(register to read more)