More than 60% of employees polled by Glassdoor.com reported that they tended to some kind of work-related matter during their last vacation.
Many had to talk or swap emails with colleagues or supervisors. A handful decided that if they had to work while on vacation, they were going to make the best of it.
- Hiring independent contractor? Be prepared to document that he's not an employee
- ACA state exchanges get thumbs up from Consumer Reports
- Advocates urge Spitzer to get tough on labor-law violators
- Employee documents: When to store, when to shred
- Look at job duties, not signed pact, to decide employee/contractor status