Real wages are down almost 8% since 2006, according to the compensation research firm PayScale, which analyzed Consumer Price Index data and information provided by 3,000 clients.
Exceptions: People employed in the health care and engineering sectors have seen real wages grow by more than 10% since 2006.
Another silver lining: HR jobs have experienced a recent wage boost, growing 1.3% since late 2013.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Self-insured? New health plan fees due to IRS in July
- Must we pay interns and give them benefits?
- Can we recover the cost of a former employee's laptop by withholding from his final paycheck?
- Octoberfest transformed mortgage bank into Halloween fantasyland