Q. Can we require employees to use direct deposit?
A. It depends entirely upon where your employees are located. In Indiana, employers are free to require direct deposit. (Note, however, that an employer may not withhold pay merely because an employee has not yet set up a direct deposit account.) Other states (Illinois, for example) prohibit this practice. Therefore, if your company does business in several states, check with your employment attorney to determine the laws that apply in each location.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3971/can-direct-deposit-be-compulsory "
- OSHA won't let Illinois whistle-blowers be railroaded
- Same-sex marriage: What the trend means for employers and HR
- Tell supervisors and executives: Keep anger to yourself when employee files lawsuit
- Preparing your workplace for a possible H1N1 flu pandemic
- Can you give inferior benefits to disabled retirees? Courts split