Q. Can we require employees to use direct deposit?
A. It depends entirely upon where your employees are located. In Indiana, employers are free to require direct deposit. (Note, however, that an employer may not withhold pay merely because an employee has not yet set up a direct deposit account.) Other states (Illinois, for example) prohibit this practice. Therefore, if your company does business in several states, check with your employment attorney to determine the laws that apply in each location.
- Transfer to slower-climbing position can equal retaliation
- Offer legit 'fresh-start' transfer without fear of being punished for retaliation
- Colorado Workers' Compensation Act
- Under what circumstances can an employee challenge a termination?
- When restoring soldiers to equivalent jobs, include any missed raises, promotions