Q. Can we require employees to use direct deposit?
A. It depends entirely upon where your employees are located. In Indiana, employers are free to require direct deposit. (Note, however, that an employer may not withhold pay merely because an employee has not yet set up a direct deposit account.) Other states (Illinois, for example) prohibit this practice. Therefore, if your company does business in several states, check with your employment attorney to determine the laws that apply in each location.
- Perez confirmed as Labor Secretary
- What are our legal options? It turns out, an employee who is suing us was a thief!
- Keep track of all time off! Authorized leave counts toward employees' FMLA eligibility
- Don't 'get tough' on certain staff; tie punishment to crime
- ADA retaliation settlement gives officer promotion, pay