Q. Can we require employees to use direct deposit?
A. It depends entirely upon where your employees are located. In Indiana, employers are free to require direct deposit. (Note, however, that an employer may not withhold pay merely because an employee has not yet set up a direct deposit account.) Other states (Illinois, for example) prohibit this practice. Therefore, if your company does business in several states, check with your employment attorney to determine the laws that apply in each location.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we terminate employee who has used all FMLA leave but still needs time off?
- Breaching employment contract can nullify noncompete clause
- Retaliation ruling could cost Contra Costa County $1 million
- Southern Ohio contractor settles race bias lawsuit