Q. Can we require employees to use direct deposit?
A. It depends entirely upon where your employees are located. In Indiana, employers are free to require direct deposit. (Note, however, that an employer may not withhold pay merely because an employee has not yet set up a direct deposit account.) Other states (Illinois, for example) prohibit this practice. Therefore, if your company does business in several states, check with your employment attorney to determine the laws that apply in each location.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3971/can-direct-deposit-be-compulsory "
- Missed lunch invitations, cramped office aren't enough to warrant lawsuit
- Supreme Court to hear important employment law case
- When reasonable accommodation is time off, it's OK to count it as FMLA leave
- 'Sorry': the hardest word to say to job applicants
- Revamp employment contracts to account for new tax rules