1. In general, people need to file a charge with the EEOC within __ days from the day the discrimination took place.
2. When young job-seekers (18-24) were asked what their version of the “American Dream” is, they most often answered:
a. Owning a company
b. Running a company
c. A career I love
3. Asked whether they prefer retirement investments that are “secure, low-growth” or “high growth, risky,” a majority (58%) of U.S. employees said:
a. Secure, low-growth
b. High growth, risky
c. Both equally
4. At the vast majority of organizations, who is in charge of implementing corporate diversity initiatives?
c. A diversity committee
5. A Harvard University study found that people are more likely to cheat or lie at what time of day?
6. Which federal employment law was passed most recently?
a. Americans with Disabilities Act
c. Age Discrimination in Employment Act
Sources: 1. EEOC.gov/employees/timeliness.cfm; 2. Adecco survey, April 2014; 3. Gallup Poll; 4. SHRM survey, April 2014; 5. Harvard study on “morning morality effect”; 6. U.S. Department of Labor.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. b 6. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Cost of employee pilferage dwarfs shoplifting losses
- Your 10-point checklist for ensuring an NLRA-compliant handbook
- Giving feedback to an overly sensitive worker
- Failing to investigate nebulous charges isn't a federal case--and it's not retaliation