Here’s a sampler from 35 questions leaders should ask themselves and their teams:
1. How can we become the company that would put us out of business? —Danny Meyer, CEO, Union Square Hospitality Group
2. What trophy do we want to win? —Marcy Massura, MSL Group
3. What counts that we are not counting? — Chip Conley, global hospitality, Airbnb
4. What keeps me from making changes that will make me a more effective leader? — Marshall Goldsmith,coach
5. Did my employees make progress today? — Teresa Amabile, Harvard Business School professor
6. What should we stop doing? — Peter Drucker,strategist
— Adapted from “35 Great Questions,” Leigh Buchanan, Inc.