Q. When an employee returns from
A. Under the (PDA), your organization must treat an employee whose absence is caused by pregnancy the same way it treats employees with absences due to non-pregnancy-related disabilities. That means you'll need to review your organization's policies and past practices on disability leave to determine whether you're bound to provide the same job to an employee returning from maternity leave.
Also, don't forget about theif you are a “covered employer” and the employee is eligible. Upon returning from , employees (unless they're certain “key” employees) must be reinstated to their pre-leave position or to an “equivalent” job with the same pay, benefits and terms and conditions.
- Productivity plus: Retool with new Internet Explorer tricks
- How not to handle FMLA leave: Bank learns the hard way that following the law isn't optional
- OK to fire worker who has taken FMLA leave--but you had better be prepared to explain why
- Taking FMLA leave may rule out performance bonus
- Employment law 101: Five legal lessons supervisors must learn