Q. When an employee returns from
A. Under the (PDA), your organization must treat an employee whose absence is caused by pregnancy the same way it treats employees with absences due to non-pregnancy-related disabilities. That means you'll need to review your organization's policies and past practices on disability leave to determine whether you're bound to provide the same job to an employee returning from maternity leave.
Also, don't forget about theif you are a “covered employer” and the employee is eligible. Upon returning from , employees (unless they're certain “key” employees) must be reinstated to their pre-leave position or to an “equivalent” job with the same pay, benefits and terms and conditions.
- Don't count on second opinion as an excuse to reject FMLA leave
- You can't force employee to use paid time if on disability
- Weigh 'reasonableness' when considering ADA time off after employee has taken FMLA leave
- Employee returning from FMLA leave? OK to assign her to different, equivalent job
- Ohio Workers' Compensation Act