Q. When an employee returns from
A. Under the (PDA), your organization must treat an employee whose absence is caused by pregnancy the same way it treats employees with absences due to non-pregnancy-related disabilities. That means you'll need to review your organization's policies and past practices on disability leave to determine whether you're bound to provide the same job to an employee returning from maternity leave.
Also, don't forget about theif you are a “covered employer” and the employee is eligible. Upon returning from , employees (unless they're certain “key” employees) must be reinstated to their pre-leave position or to an “equivalent” job with the same pay, benefits and terms and conditions.
- You can't shave employee's bonus just because she took FMLA leave
- FMLA obligation ends when worker says he won't return
- Must the signature of an actual doctor appear on FMLA leave certification?
- Mistake on FMLA coverage may not sink employer's case
- Does Minnesota law let workers take time off for their children's school activities?