Boston Universityprofessor David Weil has been confirmed as the next administrator of the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD). Nominated in September 2013, the Senate confirmed Weil on a party-line vote: 51 Democrats yea, 42 Republicans nay.
The WHD administrator’s post has been vacant since 2009. Two previous nominees withdrew in the face of Republican opposition.
Weil is expected to continue WHD’s recent aggressive enforcement of wage-and-hour laws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Unpaid interns teach some employers a costly lesson
- Under California law, do victims of domestic violence have unique leave rights?
- Employees can contribute $500 more to 401(k)s next year
- St. Paul mayor touts paid leave before State of the Union