Boston Universityprofessor David Weil has been confirmed as the next administrator of the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD). Nominated in September 2013, the Senate confirmed Weil on a party-line vote: 51 Democrats yea, 42 Republicans nay.
The WHD administrator’s post has been vacant since 2009. Two previous nominees withdrew in the face of Republican opposition.
Weil is expected to continue WHD’s recent aggressive enforcement of wage-and-hour laws.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Should we be paying for the trip from our home office to the work site?
- New HHS rules ban co-pays, deductibles for women's health services
- Federal minimum wage takes another 70-Cent jump in July—Rising to $6.55
- Can we cut the pay of maxed-out employees?