By Kimberly Deas
Today’s iPhone and iPad have so many built-in features, it is hard to know all of them.
Here are seven of the best tricks that will not only save you time, but make you more productive.
- Thumb Typing Keyboard. By doing a reverse pinch, (put fingers together then apart across the keyboard), you can convert a normal keyboard from full-hand typing to thumb-typing mode.
- Holding down the “.com” button reveals other options like “.net” and “.edu.” Use this to quickly add to your website URL.
- To add a space after a period, just press the period button twice.
- On the iPad, the home row (the row of apps at the bottom) can hold up to six apps and you can make a folder to hold even more. To create a folder, just drag an app on top of another app. Put as many apps in the folder as you want and then drag the folder to the home row. To move an app or folder, just hold it down until it “jiggles” and then drag it to the location you desire.
- For better nighttime browsing, invert the colors by going to settings ->General -> Accessibility and Turn on “Invert Colors.”
- To charge your iPhone twice as fast, put it in airplane mode.
- Any Bluetooth keyboard will work with your iPad or iPhone. Connect it to any Bluetooth keyboard and you have a portable laptop.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.